As with all games, Aika has its own lingo and Aika specific acronyms that you may not be familiar with when you first begin playing.
To help you communicate in the game, this page will address most common lingo phrases and acronyms you may see.
- Describes enemy MOBs' focus of attention. A player who is being attacked by MOBs is said to have drawn aggro. Character types like tanks can draw aggro away from the less hearty party members.
- Acronym for Auction House . Also used to describe Ancient Honor equipment.
- Short for the nation Alethius, or its inhabitants.
- The region north of Verband.
Area of Effect/AoEEdit
- It is the area covered by a skill, in which all targets will be affected by the skill consequences.
- Same as WTB
- It is a positive effect
- It references the Marauder Cabin dungeon
- It is the time your character will needs to perform a skill cast. Example: Cast time 3 means, when you cast the skill, it takes 3 seconds to be casted.
- Acronym for Crowd Control, it refers any skill able to make a MOB incapable of dealing damage for a given amount of time, before it returns to its aggressive state. An example of CC is the Warlock's Polymorph skill.
- Short for the Tabazra Desert Choke Point (the intersection between Rhawn Crossroads and Tabazra Desert , with guards)
- This is the minimum length of time that you needs to wait after using a skill before you can use it again. Example: Cooldown 10 means, when you cast the skill, you have to wait 10 seconds before being able to cast it again.
- Acronym for Castle Siege, or Cash Shop
Damage over TimeEdit
- It is a debuff who makes you get continuous damage over the time the effect is active on you.
- Short for Damage Dealer, same as DPS
- It is a negative effect.
- Acronym for Damage over Time
- Damage Per Second, describes the average damage you are capable of dealing to a target over time. It is also used to reference a class or skill capable of dealing damage. The acronym DPS describes Damage Per Second and is used when describing the amount of damage inflicted every second an effect (or skill) is active.
- Either Rubicine or Pellurite. Including it in a reinforcement recipe protects against level-down.
- Describes any weapon, armor, accessory, consumable, or mount a character has or may acquire.
- Either Rubicine or Pellurite. Including it in a reinforcement attempt protects your item against catastrophic failure.
- The act or location of a player character where it can repeatedly kill the same MOB or Players without moving.
- Short for the nation Feonir, or its inhabitants.
- A group of citizens within a nation that have allied to support one another and to gain power in their nation.
- Refers to the act of hunting MOBs for XP, this is usually only done when a player runs out of quests and has to reach a higher level to unlock more.
Heal over TimeEdit
- It is a buff that provides continuous healing over the time the effect is active on you. An example is the Cleric's Rejuvenate skill.
- It references the Marauder Hold dungeon
- A player who is killing enemy nation's players at the scope to farm Honor Points.
- Short for the White Lion Hopefuls MOBs
- Acronym for Heal over Time
- Describes a Dungeon that has been generated specifically for the player or party that's in it. Other players and parties will enter a separate instance if they attempt the same dungeon at the same time, thus insuring the presence of MOBs to fight.
- Short for the White Lion Judges MOBs
- A race of bird like creatures.
- Short for Lenaria
- Acronym for Looking for Group, it means someone is searching for a group. LFG is also a feature ingame at the scope of create groups.
- Acronym for Looking for More, it means the group is already formed but missing components to complete.
- Acronym for Looking for Party, exactly the same as LFG.
- Acronym for Lord Marshal, the highest player authority of a nation. Or Lost Mines, a map south of Tabazra.
- Acronym for Lost Mines, a dungeon. N, H, E, and Hell indicate the mode.
- The collection of dropped items from a killed MOB.
- Two Dungeons in Celestine Caverns, enter the cavern from the North of Amarkand
Medal of HonorEdit
- Collected from honorable PvP kills in the field, turn them in for experience with Edwin Krebs in Regenshein.
Medal of CourageEdit
- It is the acronym for Mobile OBject. In modern MMORPGs, the term means a generic hostile creature.
- Acronym for Main Tank. In situations where 2 or more tanks are needed, one of them is designed as "Main", to let all players know he is the one to protect/cure the most.
- Multi User Dungeon
- Is the acronym for Non-Player Character. NPC's fill a variety of roles including: Merchants, Quest Guides, Auctioneers, Officials, and more.
- Short for the nation Ostyrion, or its inhabitants.
- Short for the Paladin class
- Acronym for Personal Based Area of Effect, used to describe skills and effects that originate at the caster and effect an area around the caster
- Any task you are asked to complete by an NPC or your Pran.
- Short for rebuff, it means a pause has been called to refresh all long-term buffs of the party.
- Central region in Lakia, home of The Rift
- Allows players to travel from nation to nation. It is in the center of Rhawn Crossroads map
- Short for Rifleman class
- Same as WTS
- Same as WTT
- Short for the Tabazra Desert map
- A character class that typically has high hit points and high resistance to damage, usually has the ability to taunt.
- The ability to draw enemies' attention, usually away from characters that have low hit points, onto yourself. This action is also called drawing Aggro.
- This is the time a skill will retain its effect on a target. Example: Upkeep 10 means the skill has its effect lasting up to 10 seconds on target.
- Short for the nation Vanov, or its inhabitants.
- The farming region north of Regenshein.
- Same as WR
- Wrong Chat, it means the user talked using a chat channel different than the one he really wanted to use.
- Short for Warlock class
- Short for Warrior class
- Want To Buy, used to advertise an item you want buy.
- Want To Sell, used to advertise an item you want sell.
- Want To Trade, used to advertise an item you want trade with another one.